A contributor may not contribute more than $2,500 to any one mayoral candidate
A contributor may not contribute more than a total of $5,000 to all candidates
Who can make a contribution?
- Ontario residents
- The candidate or their spouse
- Any business that is not incorporated such as a partnership or sole proprietor
Who cannot make a contribution?
- A federal political party, constituency association or a registered candidate in a federal election
- A provincial political party, constituency association or a registered candidate or leadership contestant registered under the Election Finances Act
- The Crown in right of Canada or Ontario, a municipality or local board
- Charitable organizations or corporations that have been established for charitable purposes and public corporations that are prohibited by the statute or common law from making political donations
- Less than $25 - not elgible for a rebate
- $25-$300 - 75% of total contributions
- $301-$1000 - $225 plus 50% of the difference between the total contributions and $300
- $1000-$2500 - the lesser of: $575 plus 33 1/3% of the difference between the total contributions and $1000; and $1000